To the Honorable Members of the
Illinois House of Representatives
95th General Assembly
to Article IV, Section 9(e) of the Illinois Constitution of 1970, I hereby
return House Bill 3286, entitled “AN ACT concerning education.”, with the
following specific recommendations for change:
page 2, line 6, by replacing “may” with “shall”; and
page 2, line 7, by replacing “other” with “all other”; and
page 3, line 11, by replacing “9” with “13”; and
page 3, below line 25, by inserting the following:
“(4) The Director of the
Department of Human Services, or his designee.
(5) The Director of the Department of Healthcare and
Family Services, or his designee.
(6) The Director of the Department of Public Health,
or his designee.
(7) One additional member, appointed by the
on page 4, below line 3, by inserting
The Illinois Health Policy Center shall submit a report each calendar year to
the Governor and the General Assembly. The report shall contain:
(1) An itemized list of the source and amount of
funds of the Illinois Health Policy Center.
(2) An itemized list of expenditures made by the Illinois Health Policy Center.
(3) A summary of research activities undertaken
since the submission of the preceding report.
(4) A description of advocacy activities undertaken
since the submission of the preceding report.”.
With these changes, House Bill 3286 will have my approval.
I respectfully request your concurrence.
ROD R. BLAGOJEVICH