|Public Act 099-0688|
|SB0392 Enrolled||LRB099 03120 AWJ 23128 b|
AN ACT concerning local government.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Illinois Torture Inquiry and Relief
Commission Act is amended by changing Sections 5, 35, and 70 as
(775 ILCS 40/5)
As used in this Act:
(1) "Claim of torture" means a claim on behalf of a living
person convicted of a felony in Illinois asserting that he was
tortured into confessing to the crime for which the person was
convicted and the tortured confession was used to obtain the
conviction and for which there is some credible evidence
related to allegations of torture
occurring within a county of
more than 3,000,000 inhabitants
committed by Commander Jon
Burge or any officer under the supervision of Jon Burge
(2) "Commission" means the Illinois Torture Inquiry and
Relief Commission established by this Act.
(3) "Convicted person" means the person making a claim of
torture under this Act.
(4) "Director" means the Director of the Illinois Torture
Inquiry and Relief Commission.
(5) "Victim" means the victim of the crime, or if the