necessary expenses from funds appropriated for that purpose.
(c) The Task Force may employ skilled experts with the
approval of the chairperson, and shall receive the cooperation
of those State agencies it deems appropriate to assist the Task
Force in carrying out its duties.
(d) The Illinois African American Family Commission, the
Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Illinois Latino
Family Commission shall provide administrative and other
support to the Task Force.
Violence Prevention Task Force; duties.
Task Force shall have the following duties:
(1) to increase awareness of resources, jobs, and
opportunities to prevent violence in this State;
(2) to assist violence prevention groups, religious
institutions, social lodges, community groups, block clubs,
and other groups in providing safe havens for children, youth,
young adults, and seniors;
(3) to create, develop, and implement recreational,
social, and educational initiatives for at-risk youth;
(4) to organize community mental health providers in
(5) to provide State resources to public schools to assist
with behavioral health; and
(6) to assist in providing jobs, resources, and
opportunities for at-risk youth so as to prevent them from