|Public Act 095-0647
||LRB095 10184 JAM 30398 b
AN ACT concerning finance.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Illinois Procurement Code is amended by
changing Section 40-15 as follows:
(30 ILCS 500/40-15)
Method of source selection.
(a) Request for information. Except as provided in
subsections (b) and (c), all State
contracts for leases of real
property or capital improvements
shall be awarded by a request
information process in accordance with Section 40-20.
(b) Other methods. A request for information process need
not be used in procuring any
of the following leases:
(1) Property of less than 10,000 square feet.
(2) Rent of less than $100,000 per year.
(3) Duration of less than one year that cannot be
(4) Specialized space available at only one location.
(5) Renewal or extension of a lease
in effect before
July 1, 2002
provided that: (i) the chief procurement
officer determines in writing that the
renewal or extension
is in the best interest of the State; (ii) the chief
procurement officer submits his or her written