|Public Act 094-0989
||LRB094 15751 RLC 50964 b
AN ACT concerning criminal law.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
This Act may be cited as the
Interstate Sex Offender Task Force Act.
The General Assembly finds as follows:
(1) That the protection of women and children from sexual
assault is critically important.
(2) That every state in the nation has a sex offender
(3) That Illinois, as well as other states in the nation,
including Iowa and Missouri, have laws restricting where
convicted or registered sex offenders may reside.
(4) That the residency restrictions are not consistent
(5) That the disparity in residency restrictions and
registration requirements is of concern to communities and law
enforcement in Illinois.
(6) That it would benefit Illinois, its citizens, and its
border states, including Iowa and Missouri, for a task force to
be created to analyze the impact of the disparity between
states regarding registration requirements and residency
restrictions on convicted or registered sex offenders, or both.
Interstate Sex Offender Task Force.
(a) The Interstate Sex Offender Task Force is created.
(b) The Interstate Sex Offender Task Force shall convene
and initially meet not later than 30 days after the effective
date of this Act and shall meet thereafter as frequently as
necessary to carry out its duties as required by this Act.
(c) The Task Force shall consist of members representing
the Illinois Department of Corrections, the Illinois State