Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

820 ILCS 115/11.5

    (820 ILCS 115/11.5)
    Sec. 11.5. Departmental wage recovery; remittance to aggrieved employee.
    (a) Upon the recovery of unpaid wages, wage supplements, or final compensation from an employer that has violated this Act, the Department shall conduct a good faith search to find the aggrieved employee. If, after conducting a good faith search for the aggrieved employee, the Department is unable to find the aggrieved employee, the Department shall deposit the amount recovered into the Department of Labor Special State Trust Fund.
    (b) An aggrieved employee may make a request to the Department in order to recover unpaid wages, wage supplements, or final compensation that has been deposited into the Department of Labor Special State Trust Fund. The Department shall not require the employee to present a Social Security number or proof of United States citizenship. For the purpose of paying claims under this Section from the Department of Labor Special State Trust Fund to aggrieved employees, the Comptroller shall assign a vendor payment number to the Department. When an aggrieved employee makes a valid request for payment to the Department, the Department shall use the vendor payment number to process payment on behalf of the aggrieved employee.
    (c) The Department shall adopt rules for the administration of this Section.
(Source: P.A. 99-762, eff. 1-1-17.)