Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

750 ILCS 46/602

    (750 ILCS 46/602)
    Sec. 602. Standing. A complaint to adjudicate parentage shall be verified, shall be designated a petition, and shall name the person or persons alleged to be the parent of the child. Subject to Article 3 and Sections 607, 608, and 609 of this Act, a proceeding to adjudicate parentage may be maintained by:
        (a) the child;
        (b) the mother of the child;
        (c) a pregnant woman;
        (d) a man presumed or alleging himself to be the
parent of the child;
        (e) a woman presumed or alleging herself to be the
parent of the child;
        (f) the support-enforcement agency or other
governmental agency authorized by other law;
        (g) any person or public agency that has physical
possession of or has custody of or has been allocated parental responsibilities for, is providing financial support to, or has provided financial support to the child;
        (h) the Department of Healthcare and Family Services
if it is providing, or has provided, financial support to the child or if it is assisting with child support collections services;
        (i) an authorized adoption agency or licensed child
welfare agency;
        (j) a representative authorized by law to act for an
individual who would otherwise be entitled to maintain a proceeding but who is deceased, incapacitated, or a minor; or
        (k) an intended parent.
(Source: P.A. 103-501, eff. 1-1-24.)