Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(305 ILCS 5/4-23)
Civil rights impact statement.
(a) The Department of Human Services
submit to the Governor and the General Assembly
on January 1 of each even-numbered year a written report
that details the disparate impact of various
provisions of the TANF program on people of different racial or ethnic
identify themselves in an application for benefits as any of the following:
(1) American Indian or Alaska Native (a person having
origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America, including Central America, and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment).
(2) Asian (a person having origins in any of the
original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent, including, but not limited to, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam).
(3) Black or African American (a person having
origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa).
(4) Hispanic or Latino (a person of Cuban, Mexican,
Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race).
(5) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (a
person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands).
(6) White (a person having origins in any of the
original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa).
(b) The report must
at least compare the
persons in each group:
(1) who are receiving TANF assistance;
(2) whose 60-month lifetime limit on receiving
(3) who have left TANF due to earned income;
(4) who have left TANF due to non-compliance with
(5) whose TANF grants have been reduced by sanctions
for non-compliance with program rules;
(6) who have returned to TANF 6 months after leaving
(7) who have returned to TANF 12 months after leaving
(8) who have one or more children excluded from
receiving TANF cash assistance due to the child exclusion rule;
(9) who have been granted an exemption from work
(10) who are participating in post-secondary
(Source: P.A. 102-465, eff. 1-1-22