Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

30 ILCS 105/6z-21

    (30 ILCS 105/6z-21) (from Ch. 127, par. 142z-21)
    Sec. 6z-21. Education Assistance Fund; transfers to and from the Education Assistance Fund. All monies deposited into the Education Assistance Fund, a special fund in the State treasury which is hereby created, shall be appropriated to provide financial assistance for elementary and secondary education programs including, among others, distributions under Sections 18-19 and 29-5 of the School Code, and for higher education programs, including, among others, the Monetary Award Program under Section 35 of the Higher Education Student Assistance Act. During fiscal years 2012 and 2013 only, the State Comptroller may order transferred and the State Treasurer may transfer from the General Revenue Fund to the Education Assistance Fund, or the State Comptroller may order transferred and the State Treasurer may transfer from the Education Assistance Fund to the General Revenue Fund, such amounts as may be required to honor the vouchers presented by the State Universities Retirement System, by a public institution of higher education, as defined in Section 1 of the Board of Higher Education Act, or by the State Board of Education pursuant to Sections 18-3, 18-4.3, 18-5, 18-6, and 18-7 of the School Code.
(Source: P.A. 102-699, eff. 4-19-22.)