(625 ILCS 5/3-117.2) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3-117.2)
    Sec. 3-117.2. Junk Vehicle Notification. Beginning July 1, 1989 a person licensed as a scrap processor pursuant to Section 5-301 of this Code who acquires a properly assigned Certificate of Title, a Salvage Certificate, a Certificate of Purchase, or a similarly acceptable out-of-state document of ownership pursuant to Section 5-401.3 of this Code, shall within 15 days of acquiring such document, submit it to the Secretary of State along with a Junk Vehicle Notification, the form and manner for which shall be as prescribed by Secretary of State rule or regulation. A scrap processor who acquires the above named documents of ownership pursuant to Section 5-401.3 shall not be required to apply for or obtain a junking certificate. The information contained on a Junk Vehicle Notification shall be duly recorded by the Secretary of State upon the receipt of such Notification. The Secretary of State shall not again issue a Certificate of Title or Salvage Certificate for any vehicle listed on a Junk Vehicle Notification.
(Source: P.A. 85-1204.)