Full Text of HB2567 100th General Assembly
HB2567ham001 100TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Rep. Marcus C. Evans, Jr.
|10000HB2567ham001||LRB100 07865 AXK 23342 a|
AMENDMENT TO HOUSE BILL 2567
AMENDMENT NO. ______. Amend House Bill 2567 by replacing
everything after the enacting clause with the following:
The Illinois Vehicle Code is amended by adding
Section 5-110 as follows:
(625 ILCS 5/5-110 new)
Automobile Dealers' License Task Force.
(a) There is hereby created the Automobile Dealers' License
Task Force within the Office of the Secretary of State which
shall consist of the following members:
(1) the Secretary of State, or his or her designee, who
shall serve as Chair of the Task Force;
(2) one member of the General Assembly, appointed by
the President of the Senate;
(3) one member of the General Assembly, appointed by
the Minority Leader of the Senate;
|10000HB2567ham001||- 2 -||LRB100 07865 AXK 23342 a|
(4) one member of the General Assembly, appointed by
the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(5) one member of the General Assembly, appointed by
the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives;
(6) the Director of Revenue, or his or her designee;
(7) the Director of State Police, or his or her
(8) a representative of the Illinois Automobile
(9) the Attorney General, or his or her designee; and
(10) a representative of the Alliance of Automobile
(b) The Task Force shall hold an initial meeting within 60
days after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the
100th General Assembly and shall meet at least 2 times after
the initial meeting.
(c) The Task Force shall conduct a study relating to the
licensing and oversight of nontraditional vehicle dealers,
including, but not limited to, new manufacturers, internet
brokers, and any other nonconventional entity acting as a
vehicle dealer, in this State. A nontraditional vehicle dealer
shall not include a dealer licensed under Section 5-101 or
5-102 of this Code.
(d) The Task Force shall report the findings of the study
to the General Assembly on or before December 31, 2018, at
which time the Task Force shall be dissolved.
|10000HB2567ham001||- 3 -||LRB100 07865 AXK 23342 a|
(e) The Office of the Secretary of State shall provide
staff and administrative support to the Task Force.
(f) This Section is repealed on January 1, 2019.